Zeta Rho Chapter at University of San Diego

Kappa Delta

Prevent Child Abuse America

Since 1984, Kappa Delta collegiate and alumnae chapters have held Shamrock events — local fundraisers that vary from pancake breakfasts and 5K runs to silent auctions and golf tournaments — to support the prevention of child abuse. Shamrock events, staged by thousands of Kappa Delta women in hundreds of communities nationwide, are held throughout the year and have earned local and national media attention.

Every year, KD collegiate and alumnae chapters raise more than $2 million to benefit child abuse prevention efforts. A full 80 percent of the money raised stays in the community and is donated to local child-abuse prevention agencies; the remaining 20 percent goes to the Kappa Delta Foundation to support Prevent Child Abuse America’s national office for its national programs. PCAA was founded by a Kappa Delta, the late Donna Stone, Lambda-Northwestern, which makes the cause that much more relevant to the sorority.

 

Zeta Rho is so proud of its annual philanthropy event, Shamrock 'N Roll. This event is a lip-syncing and dancing competition that various groups from USD's campus participate in to raise awareness for Prevent Child Abuse America. 20% of all proceeds go to PCAA, and the remaining 80% goes to a local beneficiary, Promises2Kids. In the past few years, we have raised over $10,000 for P.C.A.A. and we can't wait to continue this tradition in the Fall semesters to come.

 

Questions about how to get involved with our fun philanthropy event? Contact our VP-CS at mscheuber@sandiego.edu

  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image
  • org slide image